Dienstag, 3. Oktober 2017
#AI Sarah Hilary
🚩name: Sarah Hilary
🚩 favorite Food: Cheese, and English muffins.
🚩 favorite smell: The sea, especially after a storm
🚩 favorite book: I have many, but the earliest book that made me laugh was Helen's Babies by John Habberton, which my grandmother used to read me. I laughed so hard I fell off the bed
🚩What motivates you? My readers, my family, my friends.
🚩What challenges are you looking for in your next book? I want to explore both dark and light sides to the story and my characters. I'm fascinated by the good and bad in people.
🚩What are you passionate about? Politics, honesty, the rights of women and children.
🚩Are you a self motivator? Yes, very much so. I think you need to be as a writer.
🚩What are you most proud of? Never giving up, despite plenty of obstacles and battles.
🚩 How long do you need to write a book, up to the appearance? A year, in total. But that includes working with my editor and her team to get it perfect.
🚩 In which genres do we find you? Crime, and psychological thrillers.
🚩 When will your next book come out? How will it be called? In Germany, the third book in my Marnie Rome series will be out in a short while. In the UK it is called 'Tastes Like Fear', but I'm not sure of the title in German just yet,
🚩What books of yours can we buy and where? My first two Marnie Rome books are out now. Herzenskalt is the first book https://www.randomhouse.de/Taschenbuch/Herzenskalt/Sarah-Hilary/btb-Taschenbuch/e443093.rhd and Seelen Kinder is the second https://www.randomhouse.de/Taschenbuch/Seelenkinder/Sarah-Hilary/btb-Taschenbuch/e443606.rhd.
🚩Your Website? www.sarahhilary.com
🚩Your biggest fears? Personally, I like to be scared. I have been watching horror movies since I was quite young. But on a serious note, for the world at large, I am afraid of intolerance and indifference.
🚩 Did you want to become an author as a child? Yes, ever since I was able to read, really. I feel very lucky to be an author now and doing what I love best, for a living.
🚩When and how do you come up with new book ideas? Is there a specific approach, rituals or something? I don't usually get stuck for ideas, but if I do then I got for a long walk by water which usually unlocks my brain. I try to write every day, even if it's just notes or a blog/diary.
🚩 Would you fall in love with your female protagonists, or do not you address this type of woman? I'm a little in love with all my characters, even the terrible ones. Writers should love all their characters.
🚩Do you read your own genre or do you like other books? I read a lot of crime books (my genre) but also a lot of other books, including short stories and non-fiction. Reading is one of my great pleasures in life.
🚩What book did you last read? Wilde Lake by Laura Lippman. It's very good.
🚩Do you have a favorite author if yes whom? Patricia Highsmith is one of my favourites. She writes such twisted characters, and can make the ordinary feel very dark and scary.
🚩 If you have to emigrate to a desert island, which 3 things would you take with you? There is no electricity! But a monthly delivery? Cheese, books, and coffee.
🚩 If you could change something in the world, what would it be? Free education for everyone, everywhere. Too many children, especially girls, do not get the chance to go school and learning is the best way to open doors in people's minds and give them hope for the future.
Dear Sarah, thank you for the time you spend for the questions 😍.